This has been a very eventful week to say the least. It all started with my usual Monday picture before school, you can see below that Mommy has tried to make this blue outfit more
girly with the leopard bow and flowers- enough with that stuff- here is where it gets good. Late Monday night we were supposed to get lots of ice, oh they told us to be prepared.....batteries, water, food, etc. but like all warnings in the past we took it with a grain of salt, made sure we had some milk and bread for a good ole fashion snow day!!
Ice Storm Day 1: Tuesday morning arrives and we look outside to see ice covering the trees, well, Mommy surely isn't going to work today so yippee a fun day at home. About 9:00 the power goes out...hum it is getting kind of cold, better call Mimi and Poppy to check their power...
ahh they still have it, so lets retreat to warmer conditions- off we go....oh no 3:00 their power goes out too. Oh well, it shouldn't take that long...............

Ice Storm Day 2: Fast forward to Wednesday, we made it through the night hearing transformers blow and trees limbs falling and bundled under lots of covers. Still no power, plus no phone either, no
communication!! No heat, no t.v., no stove, no hot water and no light!! Mommy and I are still with Mimi and Poppy- Poppy fixes one lonely lamp wired to his boat battery so we can play at night- we could have a lamp or the radio but not both. Did I mention we had D batteries for the radio but not enough- we only had 4 and it took 6- I don't think any of us were boy scouts. Oh yeah we also grilled hamburgers on the fish cooker- the cheese and crackers was getting old. Here I am all bundled up to stay inside- lets say I was the cutest of the bunch.

Ice Storm Day 3: Thursday morning rolls around, still no power!! The radio is reporting that they are "working" on getting the main places restored such as hospitals...Yikes... This is getting old!! Where can we retreat next, just who HAS power....We may be heading out of town this weekend. Here is a picture of our front yard and what used to be Pear trees, check out how low the power lines are too. This is how it looked everywhere. I really can't believe ice causes this much damage. Governor
Beshear declares it a disaster area.

These are Mimi and Poppy's Pine trees behind their house. It looks a tornado came through all of Western KY.

Day 3: Thursday Mid morning: Poppy heats up some water on the fish cooker (boy that thing is handy) for us to bathe. Mommy was going crazy and needed to go to work. See, she is really not cut out to be a pioneer woman and is a little high strung, frankly I am not cut out to be a pioneer baby...All these
bundlesome clothes is really cramping my Bow style!!
Still Day 3: Thursday Late evening: WE HAVE POWER!!! Rather Mimi and Poppy have power- still none at my house but who cares we are staying with them. I never have enjoyed the warmth of heat and lights before. You can see below we are kicked back relaxing now...I hope this chair is sturdy.

Ice Storm Day 6: Sunday we are still at Mimi and Poppy's house because we have no power at home. Daddy stayed to hold down the fort there. Here I am getting ready to go to church, I know this isn't my usual chair but it will do. Oh I also had a little visitor trying to get in my picture- "No Bailey you can't smell the flower".

After church, Mommy wants more pictures... Really I would like to have a nap.

Here I am with Mimi.

Ice Storm Day 6: Sunday afternoon Mommy goes home to clean the refrigerator, you see she had to throw everything out on Saturday because we still had no power at home. As she pulls up and lifts the garage door (notice lifts, no garage door opener either) she notices a light!! And then it hits her "WE HAVE POWER"!!
YIPEE. It was really surprising too because according to all the reports we wouldn't get our power until late into the next week. How lucky are we!! God has truly blessed us because most of the homes in our area are still without power and will be for another 2 to 5 weeks. But I will tell you 6 days without power is plenty for me!! In case you were wondering the bread was still good but the milk for the snow day had to be thrown away.
Let's celebrate this week and I will wear my Valentine's outfits.
Mimi made my britches before we lost power.

I know this outfit is way
cuter than Daddy's.

I know you have seen the puppy dog hat before but I think it is worth repeating.

Here I am with Mr Slow. This is the sweater Aunt Kim got me. Don't you just love the owls....wonder if they make one with lions...

It is now Wednesday a week since Ice Storm 2009, lots of homes still have no power and will not get it any time soon. It is really cold here this week so far too. I feel really fortunate to have my power on now- sometimes we don't realize how good we have it until it is taken away.

No comments:
Post a Comment