Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day!

Today is Father's Day and my Daddy's birthday- only problem is he had to work. So we will be celebrating with him tomorrow. Today after church Poppy came up to eat lunch and Mommy cooked it...all by herself! Cooking is not her thing! If you know my Mommy you will know that sewing IS her thing. She is slightly obsessed with it. For example she made the below outfit for me just to match a particular pair of shoes....I will say they are cute- black with hot pink flowers. I think she would make me a new outfit every weekend and probably has enough ideas and fabric to make a new one everyday.

Just because I like dinosaurs she made me this dress for school. Not a great picture of me but hey it was early!
My Mimi sews and Mommy has always wanted to sew too. Friday night we went stopped at Mimi's before going home and ate dinner (remember Mommy's thing is NOT cooking). Well we got to playing and found this sleeper Mommy made her Cabbage Patch doll. It is hand sewn with big stitches and then the name embriodered by hand. I guess that was before the fancy sewing machines.


But I will say sewing does run in the family. My aunt Darlene sent me and Mommy birthday presents. I got a backpack and Mommy got switchflops.


The backpack is so cute, complete with polka dots, a gymnastics girl and my name on it. I have it all packed for gymnastics tomorrow. Oh got to go I think Mommy needs me to try on another dress she is creating!



No comments: